Feb 26, 2008

Yellow Accordion Approximately

I bought some yellow paper, some thick board, and some white paper. I chopped everything up in approximately the appropritate sizes and made a long accordion book with yellow covers, yellow end papers, and white rectangular spaces upon which I will - or have someone - write some Japanese characters.

This book, called creatively enough Yellow Accordion,(which can't be written in yellow as it won't show up) is my first accordion and my first colloboration. I needed someone who could write kanji much better than myself.

What did I learn? Gluing the pages that attach to the covers should be glued at approximately the same spot on each cover, otherwise one cover will be higher or lower than the other one. On the other hand, my corners are better than when I started making corners. The whole book gets a B- in my book.

Will I be making another accordion soon? I have lots of yellow paper left over and there are about 5,000 more kanji characters in Japanese and 40,000 more in Chinese. But I've promised myself to finish a coptic-bound book with wooden covers by February 29, 2008 and that's only a few short days away. I want to write that date on a finished product.

And after that I want to continue working on and work feverishly on Dancing on the Arc of a Dream. This is from another blog of mine Tedorigawa.blogspot.com - it's about writing, novels and movies. It's also about books I'm working on and Dancing on the Arc of a Dream is one of them. Read about it here. I want to finish it before the end of March, 2008. (Ha, good luck with that, the disembodied voice in my head laughed.)

To answer my own question belatedly, I'll get back to accordion binding really slowly. But I have a few other projects on my plate that I hope to get a good start on, finish, or plan in extreme detail before April.

No comments:

Art Blog Directory