Oct 11, 2007

Coptic Wood and Year-to-Date

Seeing as how most people start simple with the coptic binding, I did, too. I also usually use wood for my covers (usually, sometimes I use paper, carboard, and once styrofoam - a bit bulky that one). My main aim for this year was to learn coptic binding and to be able to produce three or four good works - meaning, I was satisfied they were up to the best of my ability thus far. Now, in October, I feel I have succeeded

I have two wood-cover books on my desk and I gave one away (I like to say I released it) to someone who helped me in another project. I also have a cloth-bound book using Japanese stab-binding, and three paper-bound notebooks using either coptic binding or Japanese binding. Seven books completed and one in progress: a hard-bound notebook - my first attempt at making what some people call a 'real' book. I call that a pretty good year for someone with a day job. Now I have to think about next year. Printing? No! No! No! Don't get me involved in Printing! I'll never get out!

No comments:

Art Blog Directory