Sep 8, 2008

The Rough Book

Rough Book Pages
Rough pages from the Rough Book. This paper is thick and full of things like leaves and stems. It was fun to make and it's great fun to hold. And very light - not heavy - because the pages and the covers have tons of holes in them.

I must give it to an artist to use as a creative exposure of their work as it is too good to keep around the house being impressive. (Not my work. My work is average but the paper and the covers are great.
Rough Book Pages2

Here we have a view of the pages wherein you can see the leaves and stems and other things that make this book very, very touchy feelly. Very tactile. I don't remember where I bought the paper for the pages or the cover but they came together quickly when I decided they needed to be together. Or, rather, they told me they had to be together.



Rough Book Cover
Finally, we come to the cover which is red and holey. Here you can see the yellow paper behind the cover. I used the yellow paper as end papers, too so when you look at the book in a bookstore you'll see the yellow and red mixed nicely together.






By they way, go to Tedorigawa to read my dilemma. Which should I do: rent it or not?

Thanks for reading. See you next week.

No comments:

Art Blog Directory