Jul 18, 2008

June 6th Book

The June 6th Book was completed sometime in July - but that's okay because the July 7th Book might be completed sometime in August. I'm hoping the August 8th Book will be completed sometime in August, too, but I'm not taking any bets on it.

The July 6th Book has six signatures of six folios each, yellow lined paper, wooden covers with a strip of mahogany running down the right-ish side. I used green waxed linen thread.

I think it came out quite well. Probably a B+ on my scale. The sewing is good but the lines on the lined paper are not up to par. (I printed them all out double sided and some are crooked.)

The whole idea of making one 'serious' book a month (July 7th, August 8th et cetera) is to explore and expand my bookbinding repertoire. Next up: photos and better cover design. And hand-sewn headbands. (but not Armenian headbands, ooh, no.)

No comments:

Art Blog Directory