May 13, 2008

Japanese Stab Binding and Cereal boxes

I saw the opportunity to try my handbinding at another Japanese binding. Normally, I don't like the Japanese stab binding because the book itself is hard to open. I know there are tricks around it and all but I like the traditional approach to it. And, therefore, like coptic binding better because it's easier to open.

On your left is the front of the Genmai (Brown Rice) Flake Japanese Stab Binding notebook I made the other night. Complete with recycled and discarded A4-size paper folded over once. And uncut.

Speaking of uncut, check out. Tedorigawa Bookmakers audio blog to read more and listen to the short dramatic session that accompanies it. Or you can click on The Second Times the Lucky Charm on the player at right. Thank you very much.

No comments:

Art Blog Directory