Aug 19, 2013

Simple Up and UpCycling

This is Simple Up, a 200-page lined notebook with a unique feature. The front and back covers are made up of book boards. Four, as a matter of fact. 

I didn't have large enough book boards for this A5-size book so I glued and buttressed two pieces for the front and two pieces for the back.

Why? I kind of told myself that I should use the supplies I have before I buy more. Using smaller book board pieces for larger projects is part of this as is slapping that yellow strip of book cloth on the front; it may have looked like a scrap but it is being put to good use ~ to indicate the front. Also, the bottom part is leftover book cloth from this book:

This is Journal Kotoba, a B6-size lined journal with Japanese-English translations in the margins for those who want to learn a language one word at a time.

The rough paper is nice, the strings are added for effect, and the metal slip of a ring is added to contrast the softness of the cover paper. It's 187 pages, mas o menos. It's fun to hold and you can learn another language to boot. What fun, eh?

No comments:

Art Blog Directory